The ultimate medium is here! Virtual reality has descended upon us and guess what: this time it’s here to stay.
Gamers have already been early adopters of VR – but what is there beyond games? How can we use VR in journalism? What do 360° documentaries have to offer? What skills are needed to develop experiential stories and scenarios? Oh, and last but not least, what business models & opportunities are out there?
We will tackle all these questions this September in Berlin. This is our plan:
- in the morning, there will be six half-hour talks (the list of speakers will be finalised by mid-July, if you are interested in giving a talk, let us know), followed by a 30 min. lightning talk round (if you have a project you want to share, you can do so)
- in the afternoon, we are preparing some hands-on sessions to try out VR and AR to learn more about software and technology.
Some organisational information
- the event will be held in English
- as this event is non-commercial, there will be a 20 Euro fee to cover all costs (conference space, catering, etc.)
- we can only house 80 participants, so please register in advance (if you are not comfortable in using the Eventbrite ticketing system, please get in touch with us)
- Press/media: please book a ticket.
Tickets are all gone.
9:30 am: Doors open
10 am: Words of welcome
10:15 am: Three 30 min talks
11:45 am: Break
12 pm: Three 30 min talks
1.30 pm: Lunch break
2.30 Lightning talks
3 pm Hands-on workshops (split-up groups)
4:45 pm: Words of goodbye
(Tempelhofer Ufer 22-24, 10963 Berlin) Map