The conference begins at 09:30 am and ends at 5 pm. You can buy your tickets here.
MORNING: SPEAKERS confirmed so far
– Zillah is the author of Reuters Institute Report on VR for News. She offers insights into what lies ahead for VR in the newsroom.
3. Charles Ayats (Independent UX designer) – ‘Carte Blanche’
– Charles takes the audience on a journey to discover VR examples from the worlds of animation, art, design and fiction, curated with 100% editorial freedom.
4. Florian Conrad (Lecturer, University of Applied Sciences HTW) – Digging up history with spatial audio
– Working with spatial audio in VR has the potential to guide users through the story in a genuinely immersive way. Conrad uses Stasi interrogations: Manipulated confessions as a case study.
5. Daniel Sproll (CXO, realities.io) – On photogrammetry for storytelling
Afternoon: Demonstrations and Workshop
2. Station 1: Showcasing Stasi VR (Deutschlandfunk)
3. Station 2: Showcasing We Wait (BBC)
4. Station 3: Showcasing work by NowHere Media
5. Station 4: Demonstration of Matterport 3D Camera by Mesh Images
6. Station 5: Showcasing photogrammetric virtual reality by realities.io
7. Station 6: 360° video work from Iraq, Ukraine, Singapur, Brazil and France by IntoVR
8. A-Frame workshop (2 hrs): VR and the Web
9:00 am: Doors open
9:30 am: Words of welcome
09:45 am: Three talks (20 min + 10 min Q&A each)
11:15 am: Break
11:30 am: Two talks (20 min + 10 min Q&A each)
12:30 pm: Lunch break
13:30 – 16:30 pm: Demonstrations
14:30 – 16:30 pm: Workshop
16:60 – Words of goodbye
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The VR Conference for Journalism & Documentary is that one day in the year where narrative pioneers come together in Berlin. VR enthusiasts, journalists, interactive documentary makers, early technology adopters and other non-fiction storytellers meet to share experiences, seek inspiration and head back home feeling ‚virtually real‘. The conference is self-organised and all costs are covered by ticket sales. The talks of the first conference in 2015 can be found here. The programme from last year can be found here.