GO GET YOUR TICKETS HERE.
09:30 MORNING SPEAKERS
1. Frédéric Dubois and Linda Rath-Wiggins | Welcome Note
2. Mandy Rose | University of the West of England in Bristol | Keynote on Challenges and Opportunities for Virtual Reality in the Creative Industries. Mandy Rose is an Associate Professor at UWE Bristol, director of the Digital Cultures Research Centre and co-convenor of the i-Docs Symposium. She is co-investigator of the EPSRC research project – Virtual Realities: Immersive Documentary Encounters
3. Gayatri Parameswaran and Felix Gaedtke | Co-founder NowHere Media | “Home After War | Returning to fear in Fallujah“ – What does it take to create a room scale documentary experience from Iraq? The Making of a VR project created as part of the Oculus VR for Good program.
4. Ole Leifels | Co-founder ‘Kubikfoto³’ | Kubikfoto³ produces highly immersive exeriences for web and mobile, always on the intersection of technology, design and photographic media. The award-winning digital production studio is currently deleveloping a virtual reality technology which combines real interaction with life-action 360° video. The technology is based on WebVR and runs across systems on desktop and mobile devices and stationary and mobile VR-headsets.
5. Anetta Jones | Freelance Documentary / VR producer | Anetta is a multi-award winning documentary and VR producer. She has most recently been a part of the virtual reality team at the Guardian where she has produced five VR experiences and has been a key part of the team on a further three. Anetta has exhibited her work at Sheffield DocFest, HotDocs in Toronto, Future of Storytelling in New York, Other Art Fair, Open City Docs Fest, NY Media Centre, PHI Centre Montreal and numerous other international festivals and galleries. Her work has won awards including Best VR Documentary at Raindance and a People’s Lovie. Anetta has delivered talks on her work and spoken on industry panels at a number of events including DOK Leipzig, Raindance Film Festival and MojoFest Galway.
13:30 SHOW YOUR PROJECTS, ENJOY VR EXPERIENCES, NETWORKING (more tbc)
The VR Conference for Journalism & Documentary is that one day in the year where narrative pioneers come together in Berlin. VR enthusiasts, journalists, interactive documentary makers, early technology adopters and other non-fiction storytellers meet to share experiences, seek inspiration and head back home feeling ‚virtually real‘. The conference is non-profit, self-organised and all costs are covered by ticket sales. The talks of the first conference in 2015 can be found here. The programme from 2017 can be found here and from 2016 here.
Since 2013, the Netzdoku network has run more than 24 hands-on and theme-based meetings in Berlin. It also organised documentary hackathons in Germany: DOK Hackathon Berlin (2014), DOK Hackathon Leipzig (2015), in cooperation with the Interactive Media Foundation, DOK Leipzig, as well as ARTE Future.
Vragments GmbH is an award-winning Berlin-based company focusing on XR projects in journalism. Over the past three years, Vragments has produced numerous immersive VR projects in collaboration with public broadcasters and international journalists. Vragments is building Fader, a web-based product for storytellers to create and share VR stories easily and fast.
Netzdoku and Vragments GmbH have co-organised this upcoming event since 2015. Become part of this lively VR community and participate in this conference.